Ups... I almost failed again to keep this blog up to date.
But recovered "on time". So, what are the news I have to share?
Well, mainly Archimedes news:
We are deciding if we launch the release this week end or the next one. This choice is mainly related to the free time people have to make this happen. The features that we had to develop according to the road map are not ready but a nice bunch is ok.
Just to be a bit more precise:
- The text feature is complete with an Arial font that is being packed with Archimedes. I still have to find out what are the legal issues about that and if I am allowed to distribute this. Otherwise we will have to find a cross-platform TrueType Font open-source or discover how the ones from OpenOffice are used. If anyone has any answer to those questions, please warn me.
- The layers are working again with the combo box and the layer editor window (with a lot of update bugs fixed).
- The Rectangle feature is back.
- The behaviour of the Orto system when you snap to Grid point has been "corrected". Which means that gripping has priority over orto.
- The Pan feature is back (although its shortcut through middle click isn't).
- Moving (or streching) by clicking on the snap points should be ready with a small amout of work.
- Dimensions are walking slowly but surely.
- The mouse cursor now changes when on a command. There is a big cross when waiting for a command and the small rectangle when you are on a command.
- The snap points are now dark red (just like the icons showed) and if you grip to any with the mouse, it will light up to yellow so that it is clear that you snapped.
- The infinite line is almost back. I'm just having a minor problem to render it correctly (meaning infinitely) but it should be solved quickly.
Features that we should have done and will probably be late:
- Zoom command
- Export to PDF
- Open/Save XML(.arc)
There are also several things we would like to improve in the programmer side. I can quote the build process that could be much better with Maven2, the deploy process that could be much better with continuum (or Cruise control), the test coverage of what we have done so far and a few other things.
I will probably focus on the simpler things now which are to finish the features that are almost done and, if I have some time, import the Zoom command from the last version.
I guess that's it. No screenshot this time... I'll let you guys holding your breath for the next release. :)