Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Holidays are over and new archimedes version

Hello everyone,
The end of the year is always complicated. This year I had an extra since I am trying to move to new apartment. Luckily, to plan my move, I wanted to have a plan of the place and this sent me back to Archimedes. When I tried to use it, I discovered several bugs that stopped me from working. So I spent a pretty good amount of time solving some of those problems.

So I've just release a new version with several of those fixes. I have already discovered 4 others bugs in this unstable version and I am working to fix them. I am also working on PDF exporting system again. Most of the code just needs to be adapted and a few classes for the eclipse's system. Extend is also on going but I am not sure I will manage to distribute it on the next stable version without delaying too much.

I also closed (removed all files from) the repository on https://archimedes.incubadora.fapesp.br/svn/ and let a file saying that everything (including the history) has been moved to http://svn.archimedes.org.br/public/.
This should improve the overall bandwith and allow me to trying and implement a few features on the archimedes website (which is pretty stalled right now).

12 comments:

Luciano said...

Hey Hugo, when do we have an executable version??? keep on track!!! luciano

Hugo Corbucci said...

Well,
That depends on what you call an executable version. :)

https://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=143642 has a few links for the latest versions of archimedes. Those are all executable in the sense that you can run them in your computer.

If you meant when will we have a version without enough features to use it on daily work, I don't know. I need more feedback from daily users telling me what features are the most essential ones. I got some of them listed in the Sourceforge site but probably not all.

Friendly
Hugo

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Hugo - The addition of extend will be a bit of a landmark, because we've then got most of the basic commands we need to draw. Look forward to it.

Hugo Corbucci said...

I've updated the incubadora's page to tell people to check www.archimedes.org.br. Thanks for the warning Johnny.

Anonymous said...

Hi! This projet is absolutely amazing!!! =) I have download the last version and is fantastic!!! But i have a problem...i can't print or export my project...why? Thx!

Hugo Corbucci said...

Hello,
Printing is currently disabled since we were having some issues with printers and not enough testing.
Exporting to PDF should be working however. Which version have you downloaded?

Anonymous said...

Hi...I have downloaded Archimedes 0.64 and I use win xp (I try it with windows vista too)...the import and export button seem to be disabled...thx for the attention...have a nice day!!! =)

Anonymous said...

...I have forgotten to said another thing...I have noticed that in Archimedes the canc button isn't associated to the erase function...who work daily with Autocad is used to erase object in this way...thx and sorry for my bad english! =)

Anonymous said...

...I have re-read my last comment and i haven't understand nothing! =) What i want to said is that usually in cad software when you press the canc button on the keyboard you erase the selected object...can you insert this in the new archimede's version? Thx...and sorry!!! =)

Hugo Corbucci said...

I'll check about the export feature. Import is not working yet since we are not able to get any data from DWG or DXF yet.
Regarding the "canc" key. I don't know which key is that. Do you mean the "esc" key (usually upper left corner of the keyboard)? Or the "del" key (usually to the right of the main alphabet keys near "insert", "page up", "page down")?

Anonymous said...

omg...i'm so sorry...i was watching my (Italian's)keyboard! :( I mean the DEL Key! thx...and sorry again! =)

Hugo Corbucci said...

In this case, it's already fixed. I've asked the current team to deploy a new version of archimedes with this fix a bunch of others. It should be available by mid-May.